Shuren-Ribet is a K-12 private school in the Tongzhou District of Beijing devoted to providing students, both expatriate and Chinese, with a high quality, internationally-minded education, which will prepare them to make a successful transition to both domestic institutions and to international schools and universities abroad.
We envision creating an environment, in conjunction with all stakeholders:
- in which student learning is the focal point of all our decisions and all we do;
- in which the love of learning becomes a life-long passion;
- in which no learner "falls through the cracks" and all students make consistent academic, social, ethical, and physical progress;
- in which deep and meaningful life-long relationships are established;
- in which love for one's own culture and country is strongly promoted and respect for other cultures is also encouraged;
- in which learners are willing to take appropriate risks and responsibility for their own learning;
- in which teachers and administrators are models of learning and appropriate conduct;
- in which learners are well-prepared for transfer to international or domestic institutions of learning;
- in which tangible results of learning are gathered, processed, interpreted, publicized, and used in order to increase future learning.
- Discussions and actions related to student learning will dominate faculty and leadership meetings. We always ask, "How does this affect student learning?"
- Our mission, vision, and principles will be referred to often, and we will actively consider whether our direction is in accord with them.
- Appropriate forms of data will be gathered regularly and used to foster student learning.
- Transdisciplinary skills such as writing, reading, use of technology, ethical behavior, etc. will be taught across grade levels and subject specializations.
- We will constantly ask, "How can I meet the needs of each and every child under my stewardship?"
- We will be constantly in the process of analyzing and improving the bilingual nature of the programs within our school.
- Collaboration is an essential component of our success. We will promote meaningful collaboration and professional collegiality at all times.